- Schrijver: John Vercher (Verenigde Staten)
- Soort boek: Amerikaanse thriller, sociale roman
- Taal: Engels
- Uitgever: Pushkin Press
- Verschijnt: 1 oktober 2020
- Omvang: 256 pagina’s
- Uitgave: Paperback
Recensie en waardering van Three-Fifths
- “Short, lucid and harrowing”. (Observer)
- “Dark, gritty and thrilling”. (Daily Mail)
- An Observer, Guardian and Sunday Times Crime Fiction/Thriller of the Month
Flaptekst van de debuutroman van John Vercher
Set against the backdrop of the simmering racial tension produced by the LA Riots and the O.J. Simpson trial, comes this powerful hardboiled noir of violence and obsession.
Pittsburgh, 1995. Twenty-two-year-old Bobby Saraceno is a biracial black man, passing for white. Bobby has hidden his identity from everyone, even his best friend and fellow comic-book geek, Aaron, who just returned from prison a newly radicalized white supremacist.
During the night of their reunion, Bobby witnesses Aaron mercilessly assault a young black man with a brick. In the wake of this horrifying act of violence, Bobby must conceal his unwitting involvement in the crime from the police, as well as battle his own personal demons.
Three-Fifths is a harrowing story about racism and brutality that is more urgent now than ever.