National Geographic California
- Auteurs: Diverse schrijvers
- Soort boek: reisgids
- Taal: Engels
- Uitgever: National Geographic
- Verschijnt: 17 mei 2022
- Omvang: 192 pagina’s
- Uitgave: paperback
- Boek bestellen bij: Amazon / Bol
Flaptekst van de nieuwe California reisgids van National Geographic
This beautifully illustrated guidebook takes you on a tour of California’s different geographical areas, each with its own character and exciting excursions, from the Golden State’s main attractions to hidden gems in off-the-beaten path destinations.
California is a vast territory that is unquestionably the most diversified in all of the United States. With so much to see and do, National Geographic Traveler: California is an essential tool for every visitor, providing itinerary ideas for every type of touristfrom beach-lovers to city-dwellers to road trippers. Offering ideas, advice, and suggestions from true Golden State connoisseurs, this book is filled with expert information that takes the guesswork out of planning your California vacation.
Much of California’s fascination lies in its informal, cosmopolitan lifestyle, but there is so much more to see and do beyond the busy city highways. With a variety of landscapes and attractions to choose from, you’ll want to visit it all, including:
- California’s beaches. There are so many, you can visit a different sandy shore every day for a month and still not see half of them.
- Museums, theme parks, and historical attractions, including an insider’s guide to iconic destinations like Disneyland.
- The Colorado Desert, carved with sand dunes, and the Mojave Desert, punctuated by yucca treas.
- Luxury and sophistication in Palm Springs.
- Solitude and natural beauty in Death Valley.
- The states largest and oldest national parks: Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoia National Park.
- The tallest trees on the planet and seldom-visited volcanic landscapes.
- And so much more!